Two New Books!


I've wavered between wanting these books and trying to hold off. My budget has been so strict this year that I haven't bought anything for sewing since Halloween. But now I have both books and I couldn't be happier!


The Colette Sewing Handbook is a great resource for a beginner to intermediate seamstress like me. I've read through the whole book already and have begun planning a spring wardrobe made up mostly of Colette patterns.



Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing is much more advanced, filled with couture techniques like hemming with horsehair and boning a bodice. I think I'll attempt some of these patterns after I've sewn through the Colette book first.

I am so happy with my purchases. I especially love the sheer number of patterns that are included in the books. I think this will be a great start to my goal of sewing more non-costume clothing. It's also sort of a transition too, sewing vintage inspired clothing for everyday wear.







Popular Posts