Well hello, its been a while.

If you're only familiar with my blog it might seem like I got married and disappeared off the face of the earth. Really life just got more complicated. I went though several job changes, moved twice, and overall life was just too hectic for blogging.

However, I never stopped sewing. I've been making things and posting them to instagram, since it's easier to just pop up a picture and a quick blurb. But recently I've been finding myself missing the old days. When I would take a ton of pictures of the process and share my thoughts on different patterns and alterations. When I wold flex my graphic design muscles and get creative with my mock ups. And would constantly check other blogs to see what other people were making.

But in the end I know I not a writer, I'm much more visual. Nowadays I find myself watching makers on Youtube nearly everyday and maybe once a month checking out written blogs. And something I've always wanted to do was translate my blog into a video format. I have a degree in film and I work in television, so I've brainstormed tons of video ideas, but always felt shy about appearing on camera.

Then 2020 happened, and the world turned upside down. I lost my dad right before Christmas and we buried him January. Currently, the world is going though a pandemic, America's racial tensions are at a boiling point, and we have a crazy man in the white house (my opinion, don't like it, then leave). I find myself wondering why I haven't allowed myself to do the things I actually want to do. What's been holding me back?

For while it was practicality. I needed a job, I needed to network, I needed to interview, etc. No time for indulging in creativity, no time for filming and editing. But now? I'm stable, and incredibly lucky to be working from home. I have the space and ability to be constantly sewing and filming. I still have a lot of equipment from my indie filmmaker days, so really there's no excuse for me not to dive head first into this new area.

And so I've decided to officially retire my blog. I might post something here in the future, but I really want to focus my attentions on my new youtube channel. This was a great space for me to get started in sharing my creative makes, but I think it's time to move on.

Goodbye Curvy Stitches Blogger, hello Curvy Stitches Youtube!
(I already have the branding so....)



Popular Posts