Here we go!

I love to sew. I also love a great many other things, so much so that I'm in danger of having too many interests (is that possible?).  But sewing is definitely one of my favorite things to do.


A princess,  random outfit, and a witch.
Ever since high school I've tried to assemble my own costumes or revamp old clothes.  My sewing skills were limited to hand sewing, and I didn't have the patience (or time) to do anything big.  I usually combined thrift store finds with old dance costumes, whatever would work.



Bellydancer, Steampunk-ish dress, Mai Valentine, Mad Hatter
In college, I received my first sewing machine, and was forever lost to the world of fabrics.  I started out making costumes, ranging form simple to sort of elaborate.  Since they were usually one time wear only, I was never terribly worried about finishes or durability.

My first non-costume piece of clothing
Now I'm starting to venture into the world of wearable every day clothing. I have come to the conclusion that ready to wear clothes disagree with my bust, so I've got to make my own.  So I've decided to start this blog as a way to document my attempts to become a better seamstress.  I want to become better at maing quality clothes, and turning my curvy stitches into straight seams.  Hope others enjoy my progress!

Popular Posts